Magic Skate’s objective is to improve your kid’s skating abilities while having fun. Even though it’s not a hockey or a ringette program per say, it prepares the kids well to make the transition to these sports. The program is designed for 4, 5 & 6 year old kids.
Each lesson is designed to challenge and allow each skater to progress at their own pace. We use many objects and materials to help us achieve our objective (balls, hoops, bungee cords, etc).
Coaching Ratio: We have a minimum of 1 coach per 4 skaters
- Starts October, 2016 and finishes March, 2017.
- 20 lessons of 60 minutes. One lesson per week.
- Cost: $500 each (including; 20 lessons of 60 minutes, taxes and a jersey).
- The sessions are held at the Moncton Superior Propane Center.
- The sessions will be held on Saturdays at 9:15am.
- Saturday, January 21, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, January 28, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, February 4, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, February 11, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Sunday, February 12 (2:45pm), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, February 25, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Sunday, February 26 (2:45pm), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, March 4, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Sunday March 5, (2:45pm), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, March 11, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, March 12, (2:45pm), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
- Saturday, March 25, (9:15am), Moncton 4 Plex, Rink C
For the safety, comfort and protection of the skaters, we ask that they have the following mandatory equipment: certified helmet with full screen, certified neck guard, elbow pads, knee pads, skates, gloves or mitts (doesn’t have to be hockey gloves).
* Although not mandatory, many skaters prefer to wear the complete equipment (hockey or ringette).
Coaches teach the different techniques of skating through fun drills and games. Although, we pride ourselves of having the best ratio (1 coach for 4 skaters) for this type of program, it is impossible to dedicate a coach to one particular skater for the entire lesson (1 on 1) We try to regroup the skaters according to their skill level and at times we might see a need to change some skaters to a different group. Please feel free to see us after any lesson if you have any questions or concerns.
Changes or Cancellations:
Due to unpredictable circumstances, please be aware, the dates and times scheduled are subject to change. We will advise you of any changes or cancellation as soon as we get the notice from the city officials. All communications are done by email. Please make sure you provide an accurate email address.
If for a reason a participant does not wish to continue in the program, we will reimburse only after the 2nd lesson of the program. Please notify the program coordinator your intentions to be reimburse between the end of the 2nd lesson and before the start of the 3rd lesson. We will not refund once we have started the 3rd lesson. An amount of $150 will be taken from the registration fee for the first 2 lessons, administration fee and cost of jersey:
$500 (registration fee) – $150 (2 lessons, administration fee and jersey) = $350 (refund).
* This policy only applies to first time participants in the program. There will be no refund to past participants.
Roland Collette – Program Coordinator
Telephone: (506) 855-0414
LocationSuperior Propane Place
55 Russ Howard Drive